As Coronavirus (Covid-19) has begun to spread in the US we wanted to update you on the steps we are taking to keep you and our staff healthy while also attempting to minimize the disruption of your care. We will continue to update this page as the situation evolves. Please contact us with any questions at 336-540-9400.
1. We are encouraging all clients who are able to do so to use Telehealth for their counseling sessions (see Telehealth page). You will need to check with your insurance company to see if they cover Telelhealth - BCBS, Cigna, Aetna, and Medicaid do. You will also need to download VSee prior to your first telehealth session. You can download it to your device here (see
2. For in office sessions, please arrive to the office alone whenever possible or have a maximum of one support person present. Extra family members can wait in the car for their safety.
3. If you are ill or have symptoms of a fever, cough or shortness of breath within 14 days of an appointment in our office, please call and reschedule your appointment.
4. If you have traveled or have close contact with someone who has traveled outside of the US or to a high risk area within the US within 14 days of your appointment, please call our office to reschedule.
5. We are temporarily waiving No Show and Cancellation fees.
6. High risk clients should consider rescheduling their appointments or use telemedicine if they have the resources (see Telehealth page). These include clients age 65 or older, have underlying health conditions including heart disease, diabetes, or are immune suppressed.
7. We are recommending the same precautions for staff members and they will contact clients if impacted.
8. We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing the common areas of contact such as counter tops, doorknobs, stair railing and pens.
9. Staff is more intentional about personal hygiene techniques that help prevent transmission of this and other viruses including hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.